2019年7月23日火曜日

Book Series Review

Folk & Fairy Tale

My favorite series is Folk & Fairy tale. I like this series because the picture in this book is very cute. And it is one of the reasons that it is easy to read. I think it is a beginner's level in reading English. I want to read a lot more books in this series and go to a higher level. I want everyone to check this series.

1.The Ugly Duckling
"Once upon a time, five eggs began to hatch. Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack! Crack! Out popped five little ducklings. Four were fluffy and cute. One was gray and ugly."
 I read The Ugly Duckling. It is a very famous story in Japan so I have read this story before.  It is a story that  the ugly duckling is disliked but eventually it was  understood he was a beautiful swan kid. And I learn that I should not judge by appearance after I read it.

2.Goldilocks and the three Bears
"Once upon a time , a family of three bears decided to go for a walk. They shut the door of their tidy house and off they went. By and by , a girl named Goldilocks saw their house. "What a nice home! " she cried. Then she open the door and went inside."
I read Goldilocks and the Three Bears. It is a story that a girl gets angry at a bear's house without permission. I think that it is absolutely impossible to get into other people's homes. So the girl is naturally offended. I thought this would be useful for young children's education etc.

3.The Three Billy Goats Gruff
Once upon a time, there lived three billy goat brothers. Their names were Little Billy, Middle Billy , and Big Billy. One day, they decided to cross the bridge to eat the sweet grass on the other side."
 I read the three billy goats gruff. I think it is a little scare story because if this big billy couldn't beat the troll, he was dead. And the younger brothers would have sacrificed their old brother. It was a strange story.

4.The Princess and the Pea

Once upon a time, there lives a prince. He was very lonely and wanted to get married. The prince looked high and low and low for the perfect wife, but had no luck. He could not find a real princess anywhere!
I read the princess and the pea. It was a little strange story because there is no character other than a princess and a prince.  I wondered why princess was soaking wet. But it was good because it was a happy ending that two people are together forever in the end.

5.The Three Little Pigs

Once upon a time , there lived three little pigs. One day, each pig decided to build a house to keep safe from the big bad wolf. You see, the wolf loved to eat little pigs.
 I read the three little pigs. It is one of the very famous story in the world. The three little pigs make their house by themselves. And it is the story that it is attacked by a wolf. I wondered why the wolf tried to destroy the house by breath alone without using the limbs of the wolf.






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿