2020年8月6日木曜日

The happy prince (long review)

High above the city, on a tall columm, stands the statue of the Happy Prince. He is coverd all over with thin leaves of gold, for eyes he has two bright sapphires, and there is a large red ruby on his sword.

The title of this book is The Happy Prince. 
The author is Oscar Wilde. 
An earlier version of this book was published in 1888. The one I read is a newer version of it.

This story is about a prince who is turned into a golden statue, meets a kind-hearted swallow and saves the citizens. The prince is made of expensive gold and has sapphire eyes. He asks a swallow to deliver a piece of himself to the poor. 
Eventually, the prince is stripped of his gold and becomes dirty and is thrown away. But the angels and God saw it all. They sent them to heaven.

My favorite scene in the story is the part where the angel appears. The angel delivers the abandoned prince and the dead swallow to God, saying that they are the most beautiful things in the city. God sees the prince and the swallow's kind deeds. It's sad that they died, but I like this scene best.

I found this book interesting, and it reaffirmed to me that kindness to people is important .
Also, it's not that many words, so anyone can read it easily. For these reasons, I recommend this book, The Happy prince.

~Literature circle~
I was Artistic Adventure. I summarized the content in pictures and explained it orally. This was the second literature circle and I think I could do better than the first one. So this time we tried to increase the rate of verbal explanations by using fewer letters to better convey the content. The other members' explanations were easier to understand in the second session than the first, and I think they were very good. I thought it could have used a little more text, so I thought I would try using a little more text at the third session.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿